What Is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO refers to the process of optimizing your web page with target keywords and meta information for which you want to rank, your Title should be optimized with the right keywords, properly optimized meta description as well as meta tags, proper internal linking, image optimization, alt texts, etc.
To implement On-Page SEO properly on WordPress, a good SEO plugin will help you a lot, as there are a lot of SEO plugins but the one we like the most at Multiply SEO is Rank Math SEO.
But if you are a Shopify user, we recommend you the SEO Doctor app, it is one of the most trusted Shopify SEO app.
How To Check SEO Score And Audit
So coming back to WordPress SEO, the first step is you need to do is to install the Rank Math plugin on your WordPress, you can easily find it on the plugins section and activate it. It will provide you with all the On-Page SEO details with scores from 1 to 100.
You have to achieve an 80+ score to improve your chances of ranking on the first page of Google.
Important SEO WebMaster Tools
Before we move further on On-Page SEO, make sure you have connected your website to Google Search Console and Google Analytics, it is a really important step in terms of SEO too.
Google Search Console – With Google Search Console you can inspect URLs, Check index issues like sitemaps, coverage issues, Removals, Core web vitals, Page Experience, Mobile Usability, and overall performance of your website on Google.
Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a very important tool for any website. It is a data analysis tool that helps you understand your traffic sources, user behavior, demographics, conversions, acquisitions, buyer persona, bounce rate, user engagement and so much more.
To understand the complete process of setting up Google Analytics for your website check this simple wphow guide.
Process of On-Page SEO
To make it easier for you, you can follow the below checklist and make sure you have done everything right:
- Title– When writing a Title for your website or webpage/blog, Make sure to include the focus keyword for which you want to rank your page for SERPs.
- Meta Tags– Always include a short meta description about your pages, Google may not show your meta description on SERPs but it is an important ranking factor in terms of SEO.
- Page Structure– Your page heading structure should be set accurately with correct meta tags. For example, headings tags should be in an accurate order.
- Focus Keyword– Always add your focus keyword on the first paragraph of your page or blog and also at the middle of the page/content and at the end of the content.
- Image Optimization-Whenever you upload an image on your page, make sure to provide alt text in every image you upload.
- Internal linking- Internal linking is very important in terms of On-Page SEO as well as proper navigation of your page, so include them wisely two to three times.
- External linking- External linking also plays a major role in SEO. Linking to other high-quality pages shows Google that you have authority in the topic of your page.
- Schema Markup– Providing schema markup to each and every page of your website is very important to implement rich results for your website.
Conclusion: On-Page SEO
On-Page SEO is a very important SEO process for ranking higher on Google, it helps Google to crawl your webpages easily. Once optimized properly, it can result in long-term benefits for your website.
The above-mentioned points have proven to be the best On-Page SEO practices that work wonders for SEO.